Posted by: Argam Osman

Burning tanker at risk of explosion as body found in search for crew.

Catogory : Market Report

A SEARCH continued on Monday for the crew of a damaged Iranian tanker still at risk of an explosion that could sink it following a collision at the weekend with a bulk carrier.

 

The 164,154 dwt Panama-flagged Sanchi was carrying 136,000 tonnes of fuel to South Korea when it came into collision with the Hong Kong-flagged 75,725 dwt CF Crystal bulk carrier carrying 64,000 tonnes of grain from the US off Shanghai on Saturday night. The bulk carrier had been heading to Guangdong province.

 

In a statement, the Shanghai Maritime Safety Administration said the search and rescue operation was ongoing. Iran’s Ports & Maritime Organisation said a body had been found.

 

The crew comprised 30 Iranians and two Bangladeshis, according to a sourse.

 

Three rescue vessels, four public service vessels, two anti-pollution ships, four merchant vessels and a number of fishing boats are on site to provide assistance.

 

Meanwhile, the Korean Coast Guard has also sent a vessel to help with the rescue work.

09

Jan

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *